On this special Halloween episode, Cara delves into the niche genre of Horror Romance. Sometimes called Dark Paranormal, these books don’t simply borrow elements that were once the sole province of horror (demons, shifters, vampires). They truly seek to terrify their readers, as well as providing a satisfying romance with a happily-ever-after.
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (because it’s the elephant in the room)
- The Sign of Seven trilogy by Nora Roberts
- The Secret Casebook of Simon Feximal and the Charm of Magpies series by K.J. Charles
- Whyborne & Griffin series by Jordan L. Hawk
- The Anita Blake and Merry Gentry series by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Sunshine by Robin McKinley
A fun and timely blog post from Heroes and Heartbreakers: https://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com/blogs/2017/10/halloween-movie-classics-that-are-secretly-romances
License info: The spooky music for this episode is the song “Cathedral” by Xenojam, used under a Creative Commons Attribution License: https://xenojam.bandcamp.com/track/cathedral.